Spreading God's Love Thru Prayer
What is Maturity in the Faith? Maturity is when your understanding of TRUTH and your Actions are one and the same. God wants you mature in Christ, He wants you to grow.
Heb. 6:1-2 " Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instructions about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgement."
Spiritual Infancy means several things:
* it is a lack of growth after the new birth
* it is concerned with self rather than service
* it is concerned with argument rather than course of action
* it looks to please people rather than the Master
Elementary Principles believers observe
1. (repentance, faith, baptism, lay on hands, resurrection and eternal judgement)
2. Jesus is God in flesh (John1:1) who bore our sins in his body on the cross (1 Peter 2:24), who died, was buried, rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4) and that we are justified by faith (Romans 4:1, 5:1). It is only due to Christs work that we are able to press on to maturity.
Seasoned believers should have answers to questions others may have such as:
*what it means to repent * what is baptism *what is the Trinity (Godhead)
*what is the bible about *what are spiritual gifts *rapture *final judgement
With your mind you need to understand and with your heart you need to obey. This perfect match is what God wants for us. God works through faith in the believer(John 6:29). God has given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3). Prove yourselves to be doers of the WORD, and not merely hearers who delude themselves (James 1:22).
Judging and measuring maturity is by the JESUS standard and not to be compared to one another. Let's strive to do the work of the cross in our lives. Jesus
(1) humbled himself Phil. 2:5-8 (2) taught others the way by example (Matt. 5) (3) loved all sorts of people Mark 10:21. We should have the maturity to forgive and even sacrifice if needed. This is made possible by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, of whom we are all called into fellowship with, May this be a blessing to all who read it.
Prophetess Dr. Teloria Williams